Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Diet . . . WHAT ? ! ?

Trial and Error


I don’t know about you, but whenever I try to start a diet, my mind automatically starts screaming “Sugar!”  It is so loud that more than naught I cave in to its demands and sneak a treat that is way over what is allowed.   I remember several years ago going on a diet with my mom.  This diet was simple.  No Sugar.  Easy, right?  NOOOO!!!!  After just a few hours of starting this diet I went crazy.  I couldn’t find anything to eat that sounded good to me.  I have to admit I became a little over dramatic, and with a can of green beans in my hands I sat on the floor and cried.  Everything had sugar in it!  Even the can of green beans!  Well I can tell you how long that diet lasted.  It was over the same day it started.

Starting one again.


This time around I have chosen to fall back into Weight Watchers.  It has worked for me before so I knew I could do it.  The only problem this time is that I still have a bunch of left over Christmas goodies in my house. And who hasn't been on a sugar rush for over 2 months now?  My body is so used to the yummy sweets that it wants more.  Weight Watchers does have some yummy store bought treats that you can get for a reasonable amount, but there really isn't much out there.  While I was at Kroger’s buying some of these treats, I remembered my Mom’s Weight Watcher Ice-Cream Sandwiches.  When I was a young adult, still living at home with my parents, both my Mom and Dad were diligently plodding along doing Weight Watchers.  My mom put together these yummy ice-cream sandwiches that were only a few points.  Yeah!  Another treat!  So I got what I needed to make these yummy concoctions, put them together and stuffed my freezer with them.  I am now pretty confident that I can do this. 

Weight Watchers Ice-Cream Sandwiches


 
































So what are you waiting for?  Go make you some and let me know what you think.  


No comments: