Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Zucchini Brownies


These brownies have always been a huge success with my family.  Although my kids hate zucchini, they love these.  My mom made this for our family when I was growing up and I have been making these brownies (which we have it as a cake) since my kids were little.  We just made them this past Sunday which was when we celebrated Brianna’s 6th Birthday.




Zucchini Brownies



2 cups zucchini shredded
2 cups flour
1 ¼ cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 ½ tsp baking soda
¼ to ½ cup cocoa
½ cup oil or apple sauce
½ to 1 cup walnuts (optional)
½ cup chocolate chips (optional)


Mix zucchini, oil, and vanilla.  Add dry ingredients and mix.  Do not beat.  Pour into a 13X9 inch greased pan.  Bake for 30 minutes at 350.  Batter will be thick. 
I like to spread chocolate butter cream frosting on top. 

Buttercream Chocolate Frosting



1 stick of butter
Powdered sugar
Vanilla (about 1 tsp)
Milk
3-4 Tbs. Cocoa

Whip butter.  Add some powdered sugar (I put about half the bag into the bowl) and vanilla. Mix.  I then add milk until it’s the consistency you want it.  If it gets too runny add more powdered sugar or too thick add more milk.  I then add about 3-4 Tbs. of cocoa.







No comments: